PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 00:43
Em773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETOPS

I won't argue on this forum anymore. But thanks for your opinion. I don't have an axe to grind, particularly for the scheme, but for naive wannabes who haven't taken the time to do a little research to say the least, period. If one has taken the time to look at the info, and they really know what they are getting into, they can do what they want. I even have a few friends who are SOs now on the new scheme, and they knew what they were getting into, it works for them and they are enjoying themselves. And I agree that if you manage your money right, you can get by in HK on this package, just not as good as the other guy on expat terms doing the same job as you. (i dont know if one can easily get by with 4 kids though)

I'm not an icadet failure honest, it simply isn't my cup of tea. However, tell me this... would you be happy if you got offered the new contract? its easy to look down from up there where you are with expat terms, but if you really got offered this contract I doubt you would have the same attitude. The figures i'm pulling left and right are from previous posts by current CX pilots, not my own so if you have a problem with them, contact the posters. I even had the decency to quote them. Yes perhaps I don't know as much as you do, but at least i'm passing on what I know, and if its incorrect, I always say "correct me if i'm wrong".

you show me which airline offers a higher NET salary to the newcomers than this. BA, TCX, Tiger, Singapore, EY, FR, EZ, even VS, and other carriers that require serious experience.
Ok ill go get them right away sir!!!!. if you look over there the net salary for tiger and EY is ....