PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2011, 00:35
ETOPS240

Dan Buster

I totally agree. My point isn't that I condone what's happening to conditions (in the industry as a whole, also). My point is that I understand why folks are applying for it.

In my opinion, they don't deserve to be shot down. Yes, advice - here and there - allowing them to become more informed, is a good thing. Certainly, the farcical remarks here about living in poverty are utter hogwash, and are embarrassing to hear from supposedly educated people. What's not a good thing, is shooting applicants down because you don't like what's happening to the company.

Let them be the judge of that. Give them decent information (good luck with that), and let them make their minds up. Respect their decision, because unless one is particularly blindsighted, it's an understandable one, and from their shoes, a good one.

The fact that the industry is changing for the worse at each and every airline is not the responsibility of the applicants.

I'm all for agreement on the industry, I just can't abide by people shooting applicants down, and providing utterly rubbish information in order to prove their points.