PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair is about to close
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 16:09
BigFrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Consumer protection patterns EU/world wide.

My knowledge of adminstrative-judicial structures of this nature is limited in the extreme and so I cannot undertake any exercise of comparing & contrasting as you request. I do however suggest that the Spanish structure may well be more common than any sort of UK system.

Given my former clear statements on the matter you will not be surprised that the idea of a Spanish consumer body enforcing the rights of consumers agains such a low class organisation as Ryanair does not cause me any grief. Whatsoever !

Indeed were the consumer organisation concerned to belittle, to mock and to ridicule The Leprechaun himself in a way resembling that in which his employees (though I use the word loosely as they are seldom if ever "employees" in any juridical sense) around Europe berate passengers, especially those whom they perceive as socially vulnerable then not only would I not suffer any grief, I would actually smile a little smile of happiness.

Figures for Iberia and Spanair would indeed be interesting. Past and present figures too.

It would also incidentally, be interesting to know when the Spanish consumer authorities are finally going to enforce the Spanish law which states clearly that it is unlawful to charge seperately for baggage as any sort of extra outwith the ticket price; vague though the concept of ticket price may be for many LCC. Ryanair especially. A law which Ryanair (easyJet, Vueling and I don´t know how many others) break day in and day out.

Figures for fines levied on the low-class-carrier-par-excellence throughout the EU would indeed be interesting too. Though as this post is premised on Ryanar´s attempt to evade the fines in question, we would need to have a seperate column for fines paid, as against fines levied.

Last edited by BigFrank; 17th May 2011 at 16:11. Reason: Capitalisation error