PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan versus Alan
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 13:05
stewser89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is Qantas always crying poor

Is it just me or does it seem that every time that Alan Joyce he always seem to be having a whinge that Qantas is competing against Asian/NZ/ Arab airlines with lower cost/ fuel benefits or government subsidized?

Crying poor all the time, doesn't bode well with customers or the employment staff. Its time to not focus so much on cutting cost and demoralizing the labour forces but also to perhaps re-invent/ re-invest in the product. And yes whilst Qantas may have been caught out by the delays of the wonder jet. Customers don't give a sweet F.A when the find themselves boarding aging 747/767.
Skytrax reviews sure do make telling reading.

Alan I fixed it for you?
'If management keep putting their heads in the sand the airline will not survive' and the unions as well (just to be fair)

I guess it is all depends on whether the current economic situation is as dire as AJoy makes out. If so when will it approve.

On another note, I don't have any issue against Jetconnect, I think it performs well in its described role, but to have an airplane emblazoned in 'Spirit Of Australia' and yet be crewed and based in a country other than Australia is a deceptive if bet. Whats more surprising is the way mainstream media just gloss over the issue that people, who perhaps have forked out a bit more to cross the Tasman sea with Qantas, are supporting foreign jobs. Today tonight and A Current Affair must be too busy discovering which facial cream best restores youth