PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 11:00
springbokflyer145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFF

Well BFF, unless you a Kiwi, I think any nationality will have a hard time getting a job here. I dont give a stuff if management read these. Maybe its something they need to read and wake up to more upto date recruitment procedures.

As for the C172, even if you took the job mate, I dont think you going to get too much IFR experience in it. If you didnt know, I think it is abit to slow for airways and has no deicing systems on it as well as not having all othe other gear.

And the so called moaning you are on about....well I am not moaning, I just want an equal opportunity to apply, seen as I have the right to live and work here.

Unless you have actually been here and tried to apply for these jobs, I dont think people can actually comprehend the mission and frustration that you experience. For the likes of you BFF sitting in the UK, the aviation industry is a vast amount more buoyant than down here in NZ. If I went back to the UK, I know I could walk into another job. The point being I have sacrificed in the past to study, qualify and do the so called sh...tty flying to eventually get into the bigger better aircraft. I just didnt think I would now need to go do it all again.
I now have a family, a kid and unlike the 250 houred RyanAir cadets, I now am unable to go work for $11.50 an hour as I have committments to my family.

All I am trying to do is get back in the air.

Fly safe