PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 10:34
Em773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ap_797

I reckon the reason its 45k/mnth is because of the added 10k "housing allowance" for icadets, it used to be around 35k/mnth before the allowance was introduced... I might be wrong but it seems likely to be the case. You are right in that the pay is pretty good, but in HK its not enough to allow you to have a good lifestyle.

and to add to your question earlier

In terms of conversion to a JAA licence, can this be done once the rank of F/O is reached or is it simply a fact that a HK ATPL will never be able to be concerted to a JAA one? If the latter were true does this mean re-doing the whole ATPL course at a JAA approved institution?

Where in the world is the HK ATPL recognised and accepted? Can it be used to apply for jobs in Europe and the Middle East?
I happen to know a guy who did the instructor course, and he was telling me that they had to convert their HKCPL to australian CPLs to do instructing there, all they had to do was law and i think a couple of other subjects. but what interests me is the fact that after their 3 years instructing, they would have at least 2000hrs PIC hours and multi PIC as well, allowing them to refuse the SO offer and work for an australian carrier (given they do Oz ATPLs), thats why i think CX stopped the instructor course, because of that risk (although they would have to pay back the forgiveable loan). I could be wrong but that also seems likely to be the case, so don't think about leaving CX if you're going to do this cpp.