PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair is about to close
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 08:41
BigFrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Political motivation of this thread ?

As I am not the originator I cannot answer.

As an observer and as a participant of/ in the thread, my hunch is "very possibly"; although quite how many votes PSC/ ERC/ ICV/ EUA/ PP/ CUP/ CiU and a very long tail of fringe parties might hope to trawl from this particular backwater of the internet I do not know. "Not many" would be my hunch there.

More important still would be my question "So what?"

No imputation of political interest in any way minimises, for me at least as a taxpayer in Catalonia, the importance of the issues which I personally have decided to post on:

i) Airline (and airport) subsidies in Catalonia at a time of significant public service cuts
ii) Subsidies for alleged basket cases à la Spanair (on which I have not expressed an opinion due to lack of knowledge. Though I am aware that the Catalan government seems to be extremely well disposed a priori to this airline.)
iii) Subsidies for malevolent predator airlines such as Ryanair (on which I have expressed a clear opinion which I have reinforced at the start of this sentence.)

Out of interest, can anyone supply up to date figures on how much each of these two airlines have received to date from the Catalan public purse ?