PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs - three threads merged.
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2002, 20:32
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I love to turn a negative thread into a positive one!!!!

The market is picking up - it might not be self evident at the moment however I would put money on things turning for the better in the next 6 months or so. that is the feedback I have received from one or two of the regional operators here in the UK.

WWW it would not surprise me in the slightest if Loganair are getting rid of a Shed, since I have been told that they intend to get rid of the WHOLE fleet...... but these gaps will be filled by Saab 340s!

There are instructor jobs out there. I am getting my FI rating because I was advised by the CFI and instructors at my local Flying Club to get rated, since they said that hours would be up for grabs and they are stretched on occasions!

For some people who had graduated from Oxford it was around 8 weeks from IRT to job offers from Ryanair. They had to fit a 2 week MCC course in that time as well!

If Bush's Iraq plans come to fruition , then let's hope a short sharp operation will be all that is needed with minimal repercussions to the employment market - or we could be back to square one!

Chin up folks!

MG