PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodwood festival of speed
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2011, 17:06
vfr-uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Goodwood's an excellent airfield, but despite the fact that it's a great event and a great way to arrive, the landing fee does seem excessive.

The normal PA28 landing fee's about £15, rather than the £220 on event days! Goodwood's 'sell' that it's only £55/seat (and free tea and biscuits) seems a little out there, especially considering my PA28 can't even carry 4 people, and some people may go solo or 2-up, and all the POBs have to buy an event ticket on top of the landing fee too. SUVs driving in don't get charged by the number of seats in the car - everyone that goes just buys a ticket.

A real shame, I'd love to go as I have friends that would like to fly in. It's not that I can't afford it - but this one just has to be ruled out on general principe! Double it or triple it on the event day by all means, but more than 10x the usual?

Hopefully they'll see sense and base it on occupants or a slightly fairer fee in the future, but I imagine there are enough takers even at this amount - especially as it's gone up from £200 last year.

Would be interested to know how many a/c they usually have landing there on an event day?