PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA FAs The Best?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2002, 19:29
flyingdutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear flapsforty,

The initial question of this thread was:

In my personal opinion the FAs in the USA are the best in the world.

I've flown on airlines like BA, SQ, and VS and none of them seem to be as good as FAs in the USA.

What's your opinion?

I've replied to SWA379's question.

Your question was, liberally translated for the benefit of our fellow forum members like Christep : Now that you've told us what you don't like in this thread, tell us what you do like.

Do you mean which airlines' FAs do I like, or do you mean what do I like about US FAs ?

Well, to save you the time and effort, I'll try to answer both.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread there are good FAs in every single airline, just as there are less wonderful ones all around, and I concur. I like those FAs, of any airline, that demonstrate kindness, courtesy and a penchant for customer service. They don't have to be good at it, but they must try.

What do I like in particular about US FAs ? In those that have it, I generally like their sense of humour. I had to spend a New Year's Eve in Osaka once and the event was saved by a Texan lady of NWA whose jokes kept everyone in stitches for the duration, which was more than could be said for the 'funny, ha, ha' Japanese gameshows, like the marathon 2 hour domino toppling contest which started at 23.59.

Hope that answers your question, if that is what you had in mind.

Dear youthful 'nojacketsrequired' ,

No, no FF miles on ID 90s, nor on my ID 90 or ID 100 firms, but lots of free tickets and lovely upgrades with the FF miles

I have just been told today that KLM now regard me as a Gold Elite member rather than a mere Silverwing, but that I need to fly 50 % more with them between now and 01-01-04 simply to be a mere Silver again. Don't know whether that's an encouragement to remain loyal to them or divine punishment.

Oops, nearly forgot:

My International Rescue HQ is somewhere between AMS/EHAM and RTM/EHRD, if slightly nearer to the latter.

Dear IFTB ,

An excellent idea, but perhaps pprune is not the ideal location for a 'Dutch only' forum. There is already such a meeting place @ airlinecrew.net called SPL... etc. where Dutch is, now, the common language.

Last edited by flyingdutchman; 27th Sep 2002 at 19:41.