PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2011, 12:02
ETOPS240

Yeah, it's not always apples and apples strictly speaking. My point was more as a general perspective. It would be better to gain a more ratio based appraisal of these stats.
Aye, I doubt that you'd find too many people in disagreement on that. The rest - all been covered ad-nauseam. It's clear enough what side you're on regarding the subject, and I've no right to object to your opinions. I'm not suggesting they're different to mine, either. However, I will say that unfortunately, the industry has changed, and will continue to do so. Until a better/more viable alternative comes along, hopefuls will continue to apply in scores.

Yes, it's a large reduction in conditions, and yes, one can certainly object to the motives behind it. That said, to someone with little/no commercial experience, it does remain head and shoulders above their alternatives.

To that end, I think one must recognise why there are huge numbers of applicants, and accept the reality. Agreeing with it is somewhat irrelevant, but respecting someone's choice is surely something to behold. Provided, of course, it is an informed one.

Regarding the ill-informed, the naive, rude, self-righteous ones; well, I'm right with you. Hopefully Darwinnian mechanics will play a role along the way.

Cheers!