PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 15th May 2011, 23:05
LostThePicture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....So don't do them then.......
I'm sorry? This has absolutely nothing to do with whether I choose to do AAVAs or not. It has everything to do with whether the union has thought its actions out sensibly and whether it is creating a rod for its own back in terms of future negotiations.

As for
I thought it was generally accepted that Prospect would rather negotiate a rise on basic, pensionable pay
...well, that is what they should have done then. AAVAs should not have been on the negotiating table, full stop. I mean, how on earth did we get from the position of nearly pulling out of the agreement, to the union recommending we sign up to AAVAs at the current rate in perpetuity? Answer: Prospect sacrificed AAVAs to secure what should have been ours in the first place - a cost of living pay rise.

I will attend a briefing if one comes by, but I don't see it as an obligatory precursor to making an informed decision on whether this deal is right. The company's annual results - now that's the sort of information I would like to know before my ballot is cast.

But you want to be spoon fed the information without having to go out of your way?
@250 kts: What are you talking about? No, you can put me in the "draw own conclusions" camp.

LTP