PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 21:03
Turbine D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote by Bearfoil:
This is not a stout structure, by any means, especially when loose from the cabin superstructure. As difficult as others believe it is, that these cabinets were not in the a/c when it impacted, it is, in my professional opinion impossible they were present. I am leery of the size of the "Thrown Clear" file.........
On Pg. 39, BEA Interim Report #1, there is a photo of a galley storage unit. Externals look in relatively good shape, basket and racks found compressed at the bottom. This is the center G2 galley, located in the middle of the first/business class, at the second exit doors location. So it survived the vertical impact. Now the other galley depicted in grity's post is not clear in my mind as to location, but guessing near the rear of the plane?

Although they don't seem stout in construction, they seemingly survive rather well. I wonder if what is beneath these galleys play a role in their survival. Could it be LD-3 containers present or no LD-3 containers (air) that plays a role on a high speed but generally flat vertical descent?

Last edited by Jetdriver; 16th May 2011 at 11:30.