PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 19:38
bearfoil

I don't know the material, but the under counter stiffeners are completely untouched by the impact. Additionally, the food boxes were stowed, and undamaged. The one straddling the partitions I believe was placed there by the rescue diver.

Some help with the ACARS.?? The last "vertical speed" warning, it was determined it alerted because the a/c had passed cabin altitude at greater than 1800fpm ?? Meaning the cabin was not bleeding out with the drop in altitude ? The sensing is generic due three things yes?? descent, ascent, and depressurization?? If losing pressure, the cabin tells the computer it is "Ascending" correct?? Since ACARS is not a flight aspect warning system, but a maintenance tool to prioritize Mx at the landing, it is not going to report, "Depressurization, we'll need a new Aft Bulkhead at DeGaulle."

So ACARS could well have ended with the a/c at altitude, especially due upset and antenna issues. It is still a stretch for me to entertain antenna lock from 35k to 6kASL, plus the time it took to sense the difference?? It is more logical that ACARS quit at some great height, four minutes and some control into the upset phase...... If the a/c LOC at altitude, then is when I would think antenna was unlocked. So loss of some parts to me, is more than feasible.

It remains to be seen, but as I said, the evidence thus far is that the a/c CORE hit the water intact. A logical explanation has ensued, re: floaters, higher drift, etc. It seems presumptuous to eliminate another possibility out of hand. The other sections of fuselage?? Flaps?? HSs??

The lack of O2 masks, is that conclusive of intact, does it not exclude malfunction possibilities??

With a/p drop, is it in fact conclusive of UAS?? How about the a/p was overwhelmed, and the turbulence that did the whelming fubared the Pitots?? That is sufficient, given the conditions re Wx, No?? Mostly what I've read has to do with, "It cannot happen that way"....... Which I trust like I trust the USD....