PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR taxi with towbar in LPL
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 18:19
D O Guerrero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing flyer - you don't want to be a "monkey" working under their (I assume you mean their, my brain hurts after reading your post) terms and conditions but could you just listen to yourself for a moment?
It is their aircraft and their passengers! If they want you to operate the aircraft in a certain way, is there something so unreasonable about that? Lack of attention to SOPs is the one thing that is most likely to cause un-neccessary stress on the flightdeck and leads to important things being missed. Ignoring SOP is the most likely reason for people finding themselves in hot water. So why not just do them and keep things simple? You can still be Chuck Yeager if you want - most decent airlines (incl FR) don't mind you hand flying the aircraft and you always have the chance to show how great you are if you have an emergency of some sort.
Great example - flying with a Capt in the sim last year. Decides he won't line select MCT after an engine failure just prior to level off (the SOP we brief every day on the line) because he knew better. Of course he was talking out of his arse and caused further problems down the road when the bugs were all wrong. Why? Because he thought he knew better. Well that's all very well but it just DOES NOT WORK in a multi-crew environment. Maybe it did when Captain's were not to be questioned - but only to the point where the aircraft flew into the ground which happened a hell of a lot more way back when than today.
I hate flying with guys like you - it makes for a bloody long day.