PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 10:19
stan dupp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear 17 year old me,

You are dreaming of becoming a professional airline pilot.
You eat, sleep and talk of nothing but becoming a proffessional Airline pilot.
There mere sound of an aircraft makes you look to the skies and smile that goofy smile...

Dear 17 year old me,

You are studying harder than ever to ensure you pass your Maths, Physics and English because without it, you cannot become a Professional Airline Pilot. Your staying up til 2 am every night because calculus just isn't sinking in... But in the back of your mind, you can almost see yourself as that Professional Airline Pilot..

Dear 17 year old me,

Your working as many hours as you can get at that minimum pay job because you know you need another $4000 to get your unrestricted licence. You feel you don't have a great social life (because you can't help but realise that the 100 bucks your mates are p!ssing up the wall every weekend is another hour towards your dream) But you don't mind too much, you know that when you reach your goal at the end, you can then have the social life you are watching your mates enjoy

Dear 17 year old me.....

In 17 years time, the words Proffessional and pilot can no longer be used together in the same sentence.... You will end up back on minimum wage and feel completely saddened at the fact that you have wasted the best years of your life on a dream that has been killed by only a handful of sadistic bars
turds.

Dear 17 year old me.....
Stop wasting your life! go have the fun with your mates, buy that car that you are dreaming about owning (you have the money in your account) go to uni or take up a trade, start looking at the mines!!!! You have only one shot at life, and your youth will pass in the blink of an eye. When you become a REAL proffessional, buy yourself that plane - you'll have it before your 30!!

If you're 17, once was 17, about to turn 17 or know someone who is, was or is turning 17 and considering becoming a (ahem) proffessional Airline pilot, pass this onto them, stick it on your facebook profile.... Don't let them fall to the prey that is Onestar!!!