PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 04:05
slamer.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah ... returning expat sky gods have flown off-shore, now have 4000 hrs of Bus time down to Majorca.... " Those hay-seed Kiwis from the bottom of the sleepy ol south pacific will be clamouring for my extensive international experience, Ill show em how its done in the real world " ...!

-Last time I checked the average age in Air NZ mainline was about 48 +/- and climbing, probably makes the "average" hours over 20000 (dont quote)

-Money may not be the best in the world but conditions, lifestyle and satisfaction (generally) with the company is excellent. The corner stone to this is seniority and most would agree we would like to keep it this way.

-Before someone says it or thinks it .. I can find someone from within the company who has more experience, time, ratings and other quals than you do.

-Air NZ have pilots from just about every major western Airforce (including SAF), test pilots and GA from around the world (OK no astronauts)

-Has it ever occured to some here that most Air NZ mainline pilots spend all their time flying "overseas" to those busy ports that are supposed to be so demanding ( OK Im still waiting for that last one)

As for being arrogant, Ive heard others saying similar things about QF crew as well, so far all the QF crew Ive had a beer with have been excellent. (yes I know )

So tempesta

Recruitment ...slow
Minimums ... high
Rosters .. good
Payscales ... OK
Upgrades ... Whats that

PS... BFF is bout the only one here thats made any sense