PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 02:48
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
If this can happen in an A320, why cannot the same thing occur in the A330?
Takata
I had a quick look at this report for refreshing my memory but this quote was a shortcut in the report. It looks like ADR3 was already rejected due to AoA wrong data (in fact good) by ADR1 & ADR2 vote (both being false due to blocked AoA probes). Then, at this point, they had only two ADRs left in opposite sides of the fuselage; hence when they started to vary due to abnormal attitude, none could be retained and the flight envelope protection was kicked off.
Consequently, this ADRs rejection was primary the result of the two probes already blocked, not this unusual attitude direct consequence (as you'll have two probes in the same side which should not be affected by disymetrical flight).
Hi Takata,
I fully agree with your analysis as to how the ADRs were rejected on the Perpignan A320. It means that it would be harder to reject 3 ADRs of equivalent validity on AF447 by virtue of deep stall angle of attack, but still not impossible or even unlikely. I suspect the rejection mechanism would be primarily ram air impingement into the static ports.
I apologize for being slow to respond-I now run a business full time .
I'll be posting more later on dynamic loss of control possibilities. What you call a "rogue C-3PO."

RR_NDB, I understand the source of that wild remembrance of yours. It can be heck to get old. Too much data-and how do you keep it all filed properly.