PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2011, 01:58
KPHL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you misunderstand my statement. i know there are cadet entry captains from years ago. and a captain is a captain regardless of how they got there, yes. i never said they can't make decisions like those guys, but i said its "doubtful" which is not the same same as "impossible".

i am 100% sure that a cadet entry captain would not have the same amount of decision making skills, perspective, abilites etc as a captain who came through GA. that is all i am trying to point out.

its comments like these by KPHL

Quote:
If anything being a SO will make you a better Captain or First Officer... you have had several years of following your colleagues in the flight deck and learning from them....
that show these guys are CLUELESS!

don't twist my words and tell me i'm questioning the professionalism, ability and experience of captains coming from the cadet scheme! there is nothing wrong comparing cadet entry captains vs GA entry captains
Em773ER,

Your calling me Clueless? Are you even a pilot? If you sit in the jump seat for SIX years and you cannot learn from your peers on how to make decisions and become a responsible first officer or Captain, maybe you shouldnt even be near an airplane.

I know that GA helps you make decisions but are they really going to help you in the flight deck of a 777 or for that matter an A380?

Here, I'll even use the video you posted.

Captain Fantastic

Your telling me that "you", a GA pilot can make a better decisions than the Second officer on that Qantas flight? (Remember they take cadets with ZERO flight time too).

Your mixing up Apples and Oranges, GA flying and Commercial Airline flying are two totally different ball game.

Heres my advice to you, if you are so concerned about money, DO NOT BECOME A PILOT, if not, then put your money where you mouth is, go start flying your beloved "General Aviation" airplanes, learn something and go get a job,