PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 14th May 2011, 21:49
LostThePicture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@250 kts

Thanks for regurgitating my entire post word for word. I'd honestly completely forgotten what I wrote two days ago. Or maybe you just get a thrill from using bandwidth unnecessarily?

If you'd cared to look at what I wrote in the context of some of the posts preceding it, you might have worked out that for the most part I was merely giving my opinion on how difficult it would be to make a stand on AAVAs, especially now, when the union are all ready to sign an "in perpetuity" agreement with management.

This is what you wrote last month. Now I'm confused. It would appear that one month ago you were ready to take a stand yourself. But now, after the union have stated their intention to accept an offer that sells smaller NSL units down the river and would commit volunteers to AAVAs at the current rate for the foreseeable future, my opinion seems unpalatable to you.
A touch hypocritical?

I think it's fair to say that there is a considerable amount of discontent being expressed both on here and on natsnet with regard to whether this is really the best that management can offer. The union arguably had the best possible bargaining position and have dropped the ball again. To close the ballot one week before company annual results are due makes them look like idiots (again).

I have no desire to "bring down the company" but it irritates me that management's complacency with regard to pay negotiations, LAS agreements and AAVAs is going to go basically unpunished.

It seems that with regard to pay negotiations, there are two types of people. Those that are happy to accept whatever Prospect put in front of them, and those that are capable of forming their own opinion. Unfortunately the former always seem to outnumber the latter.

LTP