PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 19:44
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mac,
Originally Posted by RR_NDB
As i understood after 2:13:08 ACARS show the a/c "resources" further degraded and the crew no longer "could use" ISIS and IRīs. It is not true?
Well, thank you for taking my remark into account.
My answer to your question will be no, as per the BEA "interim conclusion" from their ACARS study:

F-GZCP - 1st June 2009, BEA report #2 p.41

1.16.2.4.5 Partial conclusion on the analysis of the messages:
At this stage of the investigation, analysis of the messages makes it possible to highlight an inconsistency in the speeds measured just after 2 h 10 which in that minute generated ten of the twenty-four maintenance messages. Eleven other messages generated between 2 h 10 and 2 h 14 can also be linked to anemometric problems (inconsistencies in the speeds, low speeds and/or erratic speed values).

* The aircraft switched to alternate 2 law in the minute at 2 h 10 and remained in that law until the end of the flight..

* No message present in the CFR indicates the loss of displays or of inertial information (attitudes).

Note: in addition, as the ATSB mentions in its second interim report(3) on the incident to the A330-300 that was performing flight QF72, in relation to problems with ADIRU’s, the maintenance messages relating to the events on flight AF447 and fl ight QF72 show significant differences, both in their sequence and in their content.