PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 15:07
solrac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my appologies to those who are only trying to help.

this is so sad. I applied 3 years ago and got the invite for an interview to HK next month. No stage 1. They offered to fly me out for 3 nights.( panel interviews, sim eval and medical. I'm shocked that it has gotten down to this point. Normally they offer you a stage one interview which in my case would have been in YVR, but that seems to have changed already. I know to some they are thinking that's great, but to me it's a clear indication on how things have really changed.

My girl and I will fly out, although she will have to go on my travel passes as CX only bring wives on their dime.
The interview will def be a good experience as well as the sim eval, but the proof is in the pudding with these posts and I just don't see how I could make a life out of this career anymore. (like most of you CX was a BIG dream of mine)
I will tell you my tune has changed. I was excited about this opportunity at first, but I've looked at it in every way and for someone in my position it just doesn't makes sense and that's a tough thing to swallow. F@#$ i would have loved to have been a part of what Cathay once was. I know they will see right through me in the interview, but hey that will be an experience as it surely wont be the last interview I'll do. I never would have though i'd use CX as interview practice.

I want to apologize to any of those i may have offended with previous posts, l'm a passionate person and dreamer, I did not see things clearly, and while i'm still little hazy on things I do know for sure it is not close to how it once was, and for me personally there are far better chances close to home.

Thanks Emr777, you did most of the research for me and i appreciate your thoughts and focus.

If anyone wants to look at the most current package being offered with someone who has +1500 with atpl,, maybe some of you are in the same boat, i will gladly forward it to you. Cadet is not mentioned anywhere in the package, but im assuming that its all the same seeing as there are details regarding a forgivable loan which outline the cost of training. I assume its referring to FTA. I dont know anymore , my head is still swimming,

cheers everyone and thanks gain