PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New JQ Contract
Thread: New JQ Contract
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 13:07
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 157 Likes on 50 Posts
At the risk of being banned..I will say it again..it started at the year that cannot be talked about..and is being dripped fed from the top..those at the top do not care about those at the bottom, as long as they stay on thier large pay packets and bonusus, they showed their true colours once and they are showing them again.

But for those thinking this new contract is a great deal..can I put something in perspective...in 1988 as a 3 year FO with Ansett, covered by an AFAP award , I was earning $52000, I just checked my payslip, $52000 over 20 years ago, all I say is please think about waht you are doing if you take this contract.

For me..I dont care..I am on the end run of this industry and have seen some of the best (and worst) times, but now its getting out of control, where will it stop? Jetstar says give us $100000 and you can "work" for us for a year? Give us $500000 and you can stay for life?.,..This whole thing is totally totally out of control, it makes me cry that an industry in Australia that I loved so much has been reduced to this.....

I wish you all well it what you do, and hope for you own sakes you make the best descion.....

SOPS