PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini F/O slots available. Read all about it today
Old 14th May 2011, 12:07
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Having just had a quick glance at the post by Tee Emm I cannot see anything offensive. He/she makes the first point that the minimum hours required are far in advance of similar airlines with similar equipment. Indeed that is true. I understand that to get into Virgin Blue the applicant needs at least 500 hours multi - not necessarily in command. Looking at advertisements for first officers overseas often a total of 1000 hours or less are required. To qualify for Qantas and Jetstar with their larger aircraft my bet is there is no requirement of a min of 1000 command on ME types. If Air Niugini can get those people then bully for them.

The quip about looking after the captain was nothing more than a light hearted remark. Such observations are seen in newspaper cartoons every day albeit about other topical subjects. On the other hand it is good to note that Pprune contributors have such a high regard of local captains. Just beware of generalisations.