PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 09:56
Em773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And i think 6 yrs without touching the commands could be frustrating, if you really like flying.
i agree JB, we often hear "flying is my dream"... well the cadet contract is the alarm clock and if that doesn't wake them up... who knows what will

Today i knew 2 guys which refused the CX's offer, and initially i got astonished
, but now i can understand them. I wont apply too. And i hope other people will do the same. There could be great passion and love for flying, but i think dignity comes first.
That's a smart decision. I applied early last year with little/no information (yes i was naive too) and i am currently "still waiting". I will decline this cpp too if offered (i still want my free trip to HK though lol), why? because i want the most out of this career, yes i believe in the term "start low", and thats what GA is for, but "staying low" is a term foreign to my vocabulary.

this guy/girl
the first one

Evidence from this forum overwhelming points to the vast majority of you knowing little to nothing of the real long term facts.
this is true, used to think that this cpp is "ok" for a single person younger than 23, but really looking at the long term when they are 30 and have a wife who wants divorce (at least she won't leave you for cheating with the flight attendants), kids who need schooling... this cpp is very far from ok.

mighty_mouse

did you pass flight grading last year?, did you get offered the cadet program?.... why the personal attacks? these guys have offered nothing but great advice, and if you don't agree with them that's no reason to insult them! you're entitled to your own opinion (even if you're wrong), but enforcing it on others by insulting them... such a professional demeanour you have... in fact, i think that an internet troll is someone who goes out their way to find a picture about them self on the net and have the audacity to post it on a public forum... you're defeating the purpose of pprunes anonymity. go get a haircut while you're at it.