PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 14th May 2011, 08:48
250 kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether you define it as industrial action or not, the practicalities of a successful AAVA boycott dictate that the workforce would have to have the union involved (if only to orchestrate the timings of any such action), and that's not going to happen while Prospect is riddled with management apologists. Anyone fancy putting their head above the parapet and emailing "All AC" with a suggestion to boycott AAVAs? No, didn't think so.

Much as I'd like us all to stick it to management throughout the entirety of July and August (for instance), when it will hurt them the most, there are more than enough recently valid ATCOs - who have been paid peanuts at the college - who will say that they 'need' the money and consider themselves exempt from anything which isn't entirely watertight.
And it wouldn't only be them - does anyone remember the ATCO a couple of years back who suggested people take a stand and refuse to do AAVAs, while all the time continuing to volunteer for as many shifts as he could get his grubby little paws on?
Well, there'll be others like him, and only a TOTAL overtime boycott will really hurt management, so I don't see how it's workable.

No, it appears the only avenue left to register our discontent now is by firmly voting NO when the ballot comes round, and convince as many of our colleagues as possible to do the same.

LTP
I think I must have missed something here or Lost The Picture.

A ballot will shortly be taking place on pay. I'm not sure what you are trying to do here by "hurting management".

Are you trying to do it to get more staff on the unit, to hurt the customer or get a better pay offer?