PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic Airpsace Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 08:05
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose-X
You still don't get it do you.

Quote from the Olympic airspace website:- 4.Squawk and maintain discrete transponder code as allocated by the appropriate control authority.

Quote from Bose-x post#219 :- Where does it say flight is prohibited unless you sqwuak?

I cant see how the requirment for a transponder could be more clear.
Yes I get it fine thanks. What I also get is pissed off at you talking at me like a child.

Have you actually bothered to contact NATS/CAA and ask them for a statement on the transponder requirement? I listed the address earlier. Lets start with that and ask for a clear interpretation rather than making your own and then bludgeoning people into agreeing with you.

If the case is that unless you have a transponder you are sat on the ground or have to move outside the zone then you need to state the financial case to the CAA via the address I gave. As I understand it they are looking for people to actually present a case. This requires direct input to them rather than opinion on forums.

We are also side tracking away from my original point that even if those without a transponder are effected it would be interesting to see the actual numbers. For the rest of the users in the restricted zone who have a transponder I do not see the issue. The rules are a pain but not impossible and are no different from the permanent rules that exist in many of the European countries I have taught in. As I said before, when I taught in Cyprus, every flight had to have a flight plan and we had to fly to the training area to conduct training and notify they return time.

Why is there always so much doom and gloom from pilots?