PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New JQ Contract
Thread: New JQ Contract
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 05:33
TineeTim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal Responsibility

I'm not a regular contributor here but this is just too much. It's time for individuals to take responsibility, and be held accountable, for their own actions. Yes, management are a bunch of c**ts for pushing this contract out. Yes, the CP is a c**t for doing his master's bidding. However, it is individuals who will make this offer stand or fall. Those who joined Jetstar when it began defended their actions- needed a job, any job; had to pay the mortgage; no other option; etc,etc. Years later, after the horse had bolted, we realised the error of our ways and implored these pilots to join AIPA and be part of the 'group' solution to try and stop the rot. Not this time. AIPA and AFAP should pass resolutions that anyone accepting these positions is banned from membership. We will not support you. We will not defend you. Ever. As individual pilots we should take a stand. We often lament the industrial strength seen in other occupations. What other professional group would stand for this? We must make a stand.

Anyone reading this who is considering accepting one of these contracts- If you fly with me:

1. It's not your sector. Ever. Your recency/currency is your own problem.

2. I don't care what you think about the fuel order, or any other decision I make.

3. Gear up, gear down, flaps, etc. is all you can expect to hear from me.

4. I'll be joining my mates at the bar for drinks and dinner. You aren't invited and you won't be welcome. See you tomorrow morning.

5. Any mistakes you make, and I do mean any, will be documented in the post flight report I send. You want to send one on me? Be my guest, I've made it to my final rank.

One of the great things about aviation is fellow pilots. Regardless of the whinging and banter on this website, pilots are generally good blokes and great to have a beer with. We share a private understanding and history. You are not one of us and you never will be.