PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 02:07
JulianB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C. Accept that as a Cpt on these terms you will earn as much as a year 3 SO on full expat terms! (big deal breaker)
50-60K Less are really crazy!It's sounds really discriminating!
At this point it seems to be better getting a loan for training rather than this kind of exile in HK!
And i think 6 yrs without touching the commands could be frustrating, if you really like flying.
Only CX, Qantas and Qatar, as far as i know, Still got SO's. And that's senseless, in operative terms.
Today i knew 2 guys which refused the CX's offer, and initially i got astonished
, but now i can understand them. I wont apply too. And i hope other people will do the same. There could be great passion and love for flying, but i think dignity comes first.

It all comes down to seniority. If you move to another airline you will start at the bottom ranks again, like Qantas you will have to be an SO for about 3-4 years again!!! no matter how many hours on type you have. Plus the assumption that another airline will take you just because you have experience, is a false one.
There are a lot of major or low coast companies that accept direct Entry TRated or not TRated FOs and CPTs. And the min requisites are not always so restrictive. So, yes the assumption can be false, but mostly not.

Last edited by JulianB; 14th May 2011 at 02:19.