PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas~ A Business in Decline
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 01:29
chockchucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many of these unionised workers who are campaigning for Aussie jobs and conditions always buy Australian products even if they are more expensive and inferior to foreign competition.

Drives a Japanese car, uses a Finnish mobile phone, watches a Korean tv, wears clothes made in China, has furniture from Indonesia and buys food in the supermarket based on price alone.

Thinks of his own pocket first yet expects everyone else to pay extra to maintain his terms and conditions

a) I drive a holden, even if Holden are owned by GM

b) Please name a mobile phone brand made and owned in Australia and I'll buy one

C) Have paid extra to furnish my house with as much locally made furniture as I can (local manufacturing sector already been gutted by globalisation but, what's left is of far superior quality)

d) Will always use the local green grocer where possible as the fruit and veg is , again, of greater quality. However, multi-national supermarket chains managed with the same race to the bottom style management as Qantas, are making it more difficult to source locally manufactured products.

As usual, this argument you bring Metro, seems to always come from people in positions of privilage whose jobs have not yet been, or are very unlikely to be, hoovered out of the country for the short term gain of the few.

So, don't be surprised if the silent majority put up a fight to maintain a little piece of what our forefathers fought for (and in a lot of cases died for).

If a country's economy isn't for it's own people, who's if for?