PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas~ A Business in Decline
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 22:28
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ants nest

Is there any work group in QF that "management" aren't having a crack at?

Cabin Crew-tick.... YES
Pilots-tick-....YES
Engineers-tick....YES
Front Line staff-tick....YES
Support Staff-tick....YES

Reading the SMH today-we have the TWU (Baggage Handlers) losing in court against QF big fines pending. AIPA to advise of industrial action next week. ALAEA taking "protected industrial action". FAAA ........mmmmmm? ASU.....?

Then you get Gareth Evans(I thought he was a pollie who had an affair with the leader of the Democrats !....any way..) sending out a Notice to All Staff.....we won't be bullied or intimidated.....rant rant. Then the "leaked" announcement (front page of the Fin Review yesterday) of a Qantas #2 premier brand based in KUL or SIN.

The more I see this unfold the more I reckon this is a totally considered and thought out Project Plan hatched in the bowels of QCA .

Call it a Conspiracy Theory......whatever!

But all of the signs are there. The penny dropped for me yesterday when one of our "Managers" came into our briefing to announce that:

"We have to stay strong and work together to protect our jobs...(then the punchline) -IF WE DON'T SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCE OUR COST BASE WE MAY NEED TO MAKE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE BUSINESS."

BINGO !

So step by step the Project Plan unfolds. The first Milestone is coming up. Scope Creep will occur when all Unions combine.

The Qantas Ants nest that has been sitting there for a long time in the lush Australian landscape...... it is now being systematically jumped on by "management" and sticks poked into the holes.

Just be careful Stick Pokers......when the last time you have been bitten by one of those Bull Ants.

Be careful what you wish for