PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 15:04
AV Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty Girl

Very many thanks for your reply on the Professionals' Thread. I have read carefully and thought through your responses but still can't see WW is as bad as he is portrayed by many CC.

It is very difficult to tackle an opponent who, when questioned, puts his fingers in his ears, says "no negotiation go away", and calls strike action quickly when you don't depart but instead continue to challenge his position.

As with a recalcitrant child, hard-ball and perhaps a little isolation on the naughty-step is a very appropriate response. BASSA needed to be pushed right-up to where it finally admitted its back was against the wall before it threw in the towel. It's the only way to deal with bullies. Anything short would have let BASSA live to recover for another day.

As it happens, I believe BA should have played a fraction harder and pushed home its victory just a little further and in showing clemency when it did has risked leaving a chink open for an old style BASSA resurgence - only time will tell.

I think if WW is as hard-headed as people say he would not have hired someone as apparently convivial as KW to work for him and WW's alleged hard-man attitude would have pervaded throughout the entire IAG organisation which clearly is not the case.

A good example of this effect is DH's leadership style and BASSA's appalingly immature behaviour.

But then the world would be a dull place if we all agreed.

Well done for keeping us all appraised of the inside view throughout this entire matter. I, for one, am planning travel with BA again later this year.

Last edited by AV Flyer; 13th May 2011 at 20:11.