PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 08:56
VintageKrug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimd-f
we don't seem to have had any real reports yet of what happened at todays meeting. did DH say anything?
This was passed to me via Private Message, I believe it's a DH penned response. I have added the numbering. Judging by the spelling errors, it seems genuine:

Originally Posted by The Holley

What have you got?

1. A permanent contractual top up payment if you are out of pocket through routes going to mixed fleet - plus a review of fairness of distribution.

2. Staff travel back in it's entirety. (Remember that was only happening over WW's dead body).

3. No more VCCs

4. Independant binding arbitration for all discips and sackings

5. Your union back as before with reps in offices etc

6. a pay deal the same as the pilots

7. no new redeployment agreement

8. A guarantee that your agreements will be honoured as long as you remain employed at LHR as cabin crew.

9. Transfer rights and part-time tights restored on a vacancy led sytem

10. In house promotion will continue

There is probably more but I am still trying to calm down after coming in from a fantastic meeting and reading your post, but I will say this to you this my friend -

What you really have got out of this dispute is something that is not tangible, nor will it be of much financial benefit.

It is something that money cannot buy - it is called dignity pride and respect and that means because of the stand you took, BA will now be treating you like human beings - you have earned the admiration of the trade union world and even the media who today were full of praise for what we have all done.

And finally you will have learnt the value of unity, comradeship and togetherness that can only be achieved by standing up side by side to be counted in extreme adversity.

I have lost a lot of things during this dispute but i am so proud not only of myself but so proud in those of you who had the guts, the courage and the loyalty to back me, back BASSA and most importantly back yourself. I would do it all again, I suspect even with hindsight so would most of you.
The big question on everyone's lips is what exactly "part time tights" are? Weekend leisurewear for some crew, I'm certain, but did this private indulgence really have to be mentioned in the context of an industrial dispute?

Perhaps some new uniform requirement for legacy crew?