PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM help and advice please
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 07:17
JohnYorkUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALF5071H, thank you for your reply.. they are useful guidelines. I am finding the more I research, the deeper the subject becomes... almost the classic 'paralysis by analysis'.
The situational awareness and communication aspects are key for my paper I think.. and the cognitive/schema aspects in looking at what gets in the way of effective decision making

I have read (and seen on cockpit videos) where flightcrew have to let 'company' know what is going on as soon as possible (I am assuming) so it doesn't affect profitability and operations. I even observed this on one video where a FO said he was going off station to contact company when the aircraft was on short final. The Captain didn't look too happy but didn't prevent him doing it but, even as a non-pilot, I would have thought that was the time when situational awareness overrode all other considerations.

This kind of stuff parallels communication problems in my field of operation so getting valuable insights from you guys is truly appreciated.