PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owed Wages....ideas?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2001, 03:26
intents

I know nothing of your situation nor aerial operations, but having been in business for 20 years I do know know a little about shysters. (if that's the spelling).

Do not bother with small claims court nor solicitors - you'll only waste even more money time and money. It's easy to get a ****y Court Judgement against your debtor, there are loads of people who will do it for you for a fee of. Total waste of money - but if you're determined to go down that route send me £50 and I'll do it for you.

Legally you are not allowed to pressurise debtors by person, phone etc and you could find yourself in trouble if you do. So be careful there especially if you've already involved the courts.

The only effective option I've found is to locate some of this chaps assets and secure them for yourself.

In previous similar circumstances I've notified the debtor that I am about to sieze known assets (cars, equipment etc) and money has arrived fairly quickly. If it doesn't arrive then there's probably no money there!

In reality most of these guys are living very well and do have money. They simply choose to use it firstly for their own use and then to keep going by paying off the most vociferous, nasty, ugly claimants first. The rest can go hang.

E-mail me if you want more advice and obviously anything said in this email is only my personal experience and opinion.

------------------