PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 02:32
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your decision, so be it. I'm sorry you see GA as too hard and detracting from aviation as a profession as a positive step.

You asked for my advice, but you don't want to hear it as you obviously already have your mind made up: like so many others here.

With the iCadet salary, how the hell are you going to pay to hire a Pitts for an hour or so?? Just food for thought, but falling in deaf ears again I'm afraid. (A quick google search: West London Aero Club - Aircraft Fleet and Rates shows $570.75 for the 1st hour dual as needed plus $2855 HKD per hour = $3425.75 HKD for your first hour, then $2855 HKD after than. 2 hrs in a Pitts equates to around 1/3 to 1/2 of ALL possible savings for a month based on EM777ER's calculations!) So, again, I doubt you truly appreciate least of all comprehend what you believe or blindly type here.

No future in GA? Wow... So the many thousands of pre iCadet pilots at CX who came though GA found it as a zero future enterprise?? Far from it. No, because you want it ALL NOW. You don't want to climb the ladder where each rung is earned. As I have repeated, you and so many others see the short term of the iCadet scheme. For you it's nothing more than a means to dodge GA "hard yards" as sipping coffee is of course easier. I've mentioned the severe detraction to the industry, but again, deaf ears.

OK, that's your decision and you have already convinced yourself that everyone with experience at CX or airlines in general as widebody SO's, FO's, Capt's, TRE/I's are wrong and you are right.

I assume (hope) English is your second language. Once upon a time (perhaps only 3 years ago) the written English as you have created would have had you cut from the application process immediately. You may have to write official reports or summaries for your job. "Text" language is not considered as "profesional" (and this is called a "professional" pilot's forum!) But again, this is now a suitable standard for CX applicants it seems.

This is not an attack on yourself, so please don't take it as such. Only a comment of what we all see but the iCadet applicants refuse to see, accept or consider.

You (iCadets) obviously do not want to hear the advice that you ask for. Your mind is naively made up and no amount of truth or common sense can convince you or the rest of the applicants differently. So please stop asking for what you don't want to hear, least of all asking the pathetic questions like "how many hours will I fly in ADL? How long till CX reply to my application? How many aircraft do CX have? What ILS will I fly? What's an ILS? Is the sim like a Mooney or PA28? No one at CX is answering my phone call (because it was a public holiday?)!!! I forgot which base I selected on my application to be interviewed at.... How soon can I get a basing outside of HK????"

It is utter madness, naive in the extreme and just plain unprofessional to be asking such questions that you should already know about a decision that will affect the rest of your life. Issues like these just highlight the utter naivety of your decisions, willingness and ignorance to blindly accept an offer nearly all those with experience tell you is COMPLETELY WRONG.

No, the future is far, very far from bright.

Last edited by TopTup; 13th May 2011 at 03:24.