PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 02:26
lost&found

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slotsdown

some of us (wannabes) have been glued to our computer screens trying to get sponsorship for our training
why dont you go out and get a job, that is sponsorship and you EARN it! Sitting in front of your computer screen, dreaming, is only going to show your lack of commitment to flying. that is precious time you could have used gaining some sort of experience! dont tell me there isnt a Mcdonalds near your house or the local supermarket wont hire you... there are plenty of ways to earn a crust and pay for your own flying. Im sick of reading cr@p , like what you have written, about how hard or how it costs is to learn to fly. If you REALLY want to fly, PROVE IT!

By the time I'm in my late 20s I could be a First Officer.
That type of attitude is why you wont be an appreciated asset on a flight deck! Tell me exactly what real world experience have you got? You have sat at the back of a cockpit for the past 4 years, watched other people make decisions, tried to understand why they have made those decisions but have been in the position where there are 3 more senior people around you, so you dont make the wrong decision. in your flying career you wont have to make any life threating decisions, in a cockpit, until you are blessed with that unforseen catastrophie that may occur! the majority of CX pilots have had prior flying experience, before joing the company. they have always had to make decisions that will impact their flight, from day 1 they have had to decide whether it was safe to go flying or they have had to divert because of weather. situations that have ingrained techniques and a type of personality that will benefit them come a situation at on the flight deck of CX flight. you, as a 17year, have no life experience, but believe you are capable of making the same decions as someone who has flown a twin around the bush for a few thousand hours.

when **** hits the fan on flight simulator you can always restart... unfortunatley the real world doesnt work like that!

The negativity from current CX people is not just in relation to the lowering of conditions. its the lack of experience, the increased naivety from people, like yourself, who at 17years old think they deserve to be driving the big shiny jet! CX will always be there, get some experience and then come back. Get off the computer, get a job, book some flying lessons and get a life!