PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how many istructors did you have ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2002, 08:44
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the period between starting training, and gaining my PPL, I had two people who really trained me. One who started teaching me from my second hour, and one who finished off my training after the other instructor got a job flying turbo-props.

However, I logged time with at least 6 different instructors. My trial lesson instructor was not one of my regular instructors (in fact, he left less than a week after my trial lesson - although he promised it was nothing to do with me scaring him off!) I had days when my instructor was on holiday, or sick, or when I wanted to fly on his regular day off. I had to fly with someone else once when he went to visit his family up north for Christmas and got snowed in! My club requires a check-out with an instructor other than your regular instructor before you QXC. There are all kinds of reasons why I logged time with so many instructors. But basically, I only had two people who trained me - the rest mostly just sat there and made sure I was safe.

Since then, I've flown with almost a dozen other instructors, for tail-wheel checkouts, type checkouts, complex aircraft checkouts, a few hours of twin time, aerobatic training, night qualification - the list goes on. I find flying with new instructors is always rewarding. Even those who I didn't think were good instructors (and there have only been two or three, out of all those I've flown with) have taught me something.

FFF
--------------