PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Mainline hiring!!
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 01:05
Nulli Secundus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh dear!

Barry Jackson, sorry, that's a huge fail for mine. Up against a light-weight (Ms Wirth) and you deliver this.

Get in there Barry!! Make the issues come alive.

Barry Jackson: "....... no its not about the money its about careers for Australian pilots... so young pilots can have the career I've had". Are you kidding? Are you serious?? Is that really going to cut through the mountain of press releases trying to make page 3 let alone page 1? Guaranteed, you will have to punch far, far harder than that to get your message to market. You want influence at the negotiating table - you need to be on message at the media interviews!

Here's a thought: Raise the cross continent safety figures, the fast-track Jetstar Cadet programme = reduced skills/ safety message & the "our pilot wage levels mean best pilot standards" message! Oh and forget the 'iconic brand message' - it means very little today. i.e check out the new launch at Virgin Aus. Vs the share price. No change!

Barry, when you get air time: 10% answering their question, 90% getting your message to the ears of the people that buy the seats on your planes. Watch any experienced politician, they almost never answer the question & yes we all hate it, but they do get their agenda up.

Barry, please, engage a PR person, or if you one have already, get a new one. Oh, and also does the AIPA have other people that can front the media? I'm not saying Barry shouldn't but it adds enormous clout when there are 2 or more faces to broadcast a message.