PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2002, 08:22
Fourpuffs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have four with 100 seat plus capacity, though only one actually has over 100 seats currently fitted.

(The managements last great idea was to increase yield by taking seats OUT, and inputting bigger ones. Yield and load factor and bums on seats all fell!)

We have one which has a sub-100 seat capacity, and is configured(obviously) as such.

Hope this helps; but we would like to see the RJ Fleet as the pinnacle of BACX aspiration, if it cuts at 100 seats, then since we already have some 100+ it will inevitable be seen as being done down! On the other hand, can't really see why 120 as such would hurt mainline. There's a serious CRM issue as well, crewing up with such hugely disparate salries is one thing, crewing up with bad feeling over scope mixed into the flight deck is something else!

As well as that, from what I read about LGW and LHR, if BACC 'protect all jet jobs here, then the question becomes a bit irrellevant. And I must say I agree with you, LGW and LHR must be kept for mainline, otherwise that really would let in the outsourcing and scale B crap to all our detriment.

Any further thoughts?