PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 12th May 2011, 21:35
terrain safe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Fat Controller

Yes we have and it's a good selling of how the company is stuffed and if you don't like it; tough!

Basically engineers should shut up and take the offer 'cos they have no job security and are lucky to still have employment.

ATSAs are getting paid for doing nothing and need to realise that they are holding the company back.

ATCOs have to do the met as the savings are needed for (dividend) (management bonuses) (cheap coffees) keeping the contracts. The person who did the presentation didn't understand that doing something full time, when we get paid 2% for doing it when required, didn't mean that it was a 3.2% pay rise and we should be grateful that we're getting any rise as the 'median' is 2.8% up to March.

Our contracts don't go up by RPI so the company can't afford it basically. When it was raised that Heathrow won't do met (ATM) but they will get 5.2 % and can vote and perhaps this wasn't fair, the answer was essentially TOUGH.

The union are happy with all this and this is what you get.

Personally I wouldn't bother going,I think an all body waxing would be more useful. Wait for the union briefing and then vote, which ends before the annual report is published incidentally, and then wait and see what happens. I suspect that it may be a no but some of the younger ATCOs only see the 5.2% and a spine increase and not think of the whole picture. Anyway what will be will be.