PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scared of using the technical log?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 19:52
weave1376

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the other side of the fence

I think that flynowpaylater's answer A is about right; especially when the pax is the owner. How much courage does it take to tell the owner that he's not flying in his own plane that he spent millions buying just because a bulb has popped? Lots! So, note it down elsewhere other than the Techlog, and fix it next time the aircraft is back at base? Seems logical, no? I am looking at this from the maintenance perspective: I am one of the many that fix these wonderful little planes that you get to fly. I understand that you, as pilots, decide whether the airworthiness of he aircraft is really being called into question and make your decision accordingly BUT always with the knowledge that it's the boss's plane and it's the boss who pays you at the end of the month... So do as you see fit but please, if something really is broken, needs fixing and could potentially jepordise a future flight and you want it fixed, write it down and we'll do our best to fix it BUT give us the time to do it! Arriving at a maintenance facility with "one or two things to look at but we're leaving the day after tomorrow and could you also wash it and sometimes the DVD skips and the coffee machine is playing up and the seats don't swivel and, and, and etc etc..." please give us the time to do it and not complain afterwards. We as maintenance will always have different priorities (what we fix first) to you as pilots or operators so respect us and we'll respect you.

It wasn't meant to sound like a rant more like a gentle reminder!
Safe flying everyone!