PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 18:48
jimd-f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we don't seem to have had any real reports yet of what happened at todays meeting. did DH say anything?
remember that there are still 5800 BASSA members who have consistently voted for strikes.
if DH decides to make some statements about sacked staff not getting fair treatment, no real benefits in the new offer etc, and CC89 make statements/complaints about 1 union in future it is still possible for the new offer to be rejected totally.
this is not over yet.
from all that has gone before, i cannot see DH resigning yet, and his input could still have a great say on this matter. do you think he wants to give up the earnings/influence he has without a fight.
i doubt UNITE would want him on the payroll, as that would scupper any chance of this agreement working, so his only foreseeable income over the next months/years is his union stipend and expenses.
my reading of the facts we have at the moment is that this is a comprehensive win for BA, and a loss for PCCC.
however, if BASSA gets a rejection vote to the deal, PCCC can then come out into the open and shout from the rooftops. this is the only real chance they have to influence the future.
they may, of course, be able to get a majority at Gatwick and get recognition there; but that will again mean coming out into the open.
so, although it looks good at the moment for a settlement, we need to wait aand see how BASSA and CC89 react to this.