PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook recruiting
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 18:01
frozenpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of 8 that have sim checks with BA also. It wont be exclusive for Airbus F/O's going either. I will bet my bottom dollar with BA dishing out 74 positions the experienced Boeing drivers will start going for interviews.

Just my personal belief: The 747 allows you to be based anywhere, get leave in the summer, stable lifestyle (as long as you dont mind long flights, ... ooh back to back night Dalaman's.... no problem!!). Good pay. Oh and of course some stability.

Or stay at TCX with constant threats and roughly the same time sat in the right hand seat. Many more from TCX will most likely apply as the bosses continue their games.

With regards to the potential fleet reduction/ winter capacity cut:

3 (rumour 2 330's going)
6 757's to Jazz ( no flight deck from UK)
1 767 doing Hajj for final part of summer/ early winter
1 757 doing Scandi-Canary runs with our crew.

This to me shows they have reduced capacity already and the fleet has reduced for the period. Of course the 'fleet review' could be a smoke screen to satisfy investors?? They now have to manage numbers. The are a handful gone with EVS, possibly a few more will go after a very negative, hectic summer. Some part year options will be taken and the company knew of 20+ from BA's mouth last month. Interviews going on through the summer. This will increase, possibly substantially from here??

While the middle east has taken a kick. Egypt is cheap, cheerful and red hot....... Its what the Brits live for!!!! They dont have many more places to go to get similar conditions during the winter. There probably will be an increase in trade just as soon as the media shut up and the fickle public forget.