PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 16:39
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Notlangley,
Hi, In answer to your question, VCCs going, makes no difference to me sitting at home more often having not been rostered a flight because the VCCs were always extra crew and have not recently been rostered with E/F or WW. The lack of work is due to not enough part time being offered or taken up prior to the transfer of some of our routes to Mixed Fleet. I am optimistic that this is a short term problem and hopefully people will feel more secure now to take up these offers and it will, I hope, balance out. I hope so anyway!

As for the offer, I have not read it yet but have been told it is similar to what I had already signed, as I thought it would be, and I am therefore happy. I am happy it is all over but also sad that this situation ever happened and I do feel that it could have been handled better by WW.

I do note though that BA have got a lot of what they wanted. A new way of working with BASSA, less reps off-lined, less meetings with reps and the golden prise of an army of cheep labour which are, I hope, going to eventually get a few improvements to their pay and rostering but will save BA a huge amount of cash!!! So I feel BA are the winners in all this.