PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA proposes to strengthen airline pilot training
Old 12th May 2011, 16:02
Brian Cohen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. It also allows you to get rid of cr@p pilots.
2. No, but more training certainly won't make them worse, and most will get better.
3. If standards were higher, less dross would get through in the first place
4. I think higher standards will reduce P2F, because it will be too expensive for the duffers to continue failing trips
5. You can always make sims better, and no practice emergency is silly, they all increase capacity, knowledge, skills, comfort with the aircraft
6. For things that are not realistic, they happen surprisingly often....
  1. yes the company will also get rid of the pilots that are not really incline to brown nose the CEO!
  2. Absolutely, but more training increase the cost of a company that is already striving to safe money in the training department!
  3. correct and with the additional benefit of saving even more money in the training department!
  4. Yes I agree with you!
  5. Although modeling and simulation cost a lot, we hope geeks are making the sim software and hardware better, more realistic and more realistic emergency ... but a lot depends on how you use the sim and what kind of restriction you have in building scenarios. You need to set a standard scenario that every pilot in your company have to pass with a certain minimum performance! Union can always use the discrimination card.
  6. yes training is very important and as far as i recall recurrent sim used to be longer. But a dude one day said that considering modern airlines incident/accident statistics and the infallibility of new flying machine, the chances of getting involved in a simultaneous sequence of emergencies was highly improbable ... so LPC shorter (wrong from a pilot prospective, but money saver).