PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann exodus....has started
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 11:10
mave292

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TO MR SCHULTZ IT

I hate to burst ur bubble pal but pilots are not 2 to a penny theses days and the large middle east carriers are proving that. Thats a typical not give a **** management attitude and yes you might be able to get new BOYS AND GIRLS who are willing to hand out another 25k for a turboprop rating just after handing out 50-60k for their training but its the experienced Captains and First Officers in Aer Arann have the ability to land in **** conditions, at **** airfields and on **** nights using non precision approaches and are willing to go and "have a look and see if you get in". You might also say that Aer Arann pilots are "overpaid", which is an insult, but these people earn their money on days and nights like this. And i wont even start with an engine failure, you try climbing out of an airport with high ground around it which a single engine on an ATR climbing at 700 fpm (if ur lucky and throw in some icing conditions for the laugh and no doubt an MEL item which seems to be the norm) and no disrespect to the BOYS AND GIRLS that you can get but i have my doubts if you would see that aircraft in one piece again. MR SHULTZ IT i really doubt Aer Arann could survive a crash as a company as survival at the best of times seems a challenge. Pilots are professionals and no matter what the Aer Arann management opinion is they need to be paid as PROFESSIONALS just like doctors, lawyers, AIRLINE MANAGEMENT etc .... And i would have no problem pointing this out at your CEO meetings because i'm sure the majority of people dont want another Transaer, EU JET or EIRJET, seems to be a bit of a trend here !!! its the mismanagement of the airlines that seems to bring them down, not the pilots

Last edited by mave292; 13th May 2011 at 18:58.