PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review. Going Going GONE!
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 09:20
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so what is the bottom line??

okay , perhaps this is not rocket science but that letter could be interpreted several ways..

okay - 3% step I get but the phrase -

"5% increase in the step"

this could just be "5%" of the 3% step referred to in a. hence the confusion!!

if the step was say about 1400 dhs for a captain on about 42k then 5% increase could just be of the 1400 ( like around 70 dhs) ... now I guess this is not the case but it could read that way..

I too assume that it is an increase of the basic by about a total of 8%.. lets see if that is correct.

Say what you mean and mean what you say... frankly just another bit of poor english to my antipodean brain... and a double english major , BSc and MBA haven't helped me understand exactly what they are trying to say.

An example in the email could have perhaps been a good idea... in fact the letter that I got addressed to me was a bit lacking in that I was just on a mailing list.. it didnt even know when I had joined - otherwise that bit could have been left out... not really too personal.. but they used my name like it was supposed to be...??

just a minor whinge ... really not too bad a result overall I think , but some still wont be too happy...

" a whinging pilot is a happy pilot "

O+W Wright

WJA