PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2011, 01:56
springbokflyer145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hit the nail on the head

You commented on an Israeli and an American, well exactly one of each. I wonder who the rest was?

I am not only talking about Air NZ, to be honest would be the last airline i would want to join. I have seen the crew walking around the airports and most look scruffy with the odd one looking the part. Maybe standards are not there anymore. cant comment on that. As for waiting 13 years for command......I would prefer to wait for that somewhere else.
The likes of Eagle, Air Nelson are also to blame. The lady at eagle kept on going on about you need NZ experience because of customer service etc onboard the B1900! Is this the only place where customer service happens???? From what I have seen I doubt it.

As for starting at the bottom....well I have done that to get where I am now and with good experience behind me, I never thought I would have to go fly a C172 to get flying again. Not saying I wouldnt do it. I was offered a job flying a C172 to the coromandel for $11.50 an hour come on that would not even cover my petrol to drive to the airport for the month. I am not prepared to fly for nothing and the people who do are the people responsible for screwing the industry salaries.

As for Asia, well great if you single, have no family or dont like your wife but if you enjoy family life, have kids at school etc you cannot just get up and leave so you have to try make something work.

As a passenger onboard a jet, i think i would rather have a foreigner with 4000hours and the right to live and work behind the stick than have a local with 200hours and thinking that this guy has to get us out of trouble when the captain kicks over or the **** hits the fan. I know who I would prefer.

Put your family/kids in that plane....... now tell me you are happy to see a 200hour FO behind the stick.

I know from RyanAir that most of these 250 hour pilot have never seen anything besides EFIS dont know what an RMI is and cant tell you where they are flying over without a look at the FMC. When the screens go blank.......so do they. And that is straight from a trainer!!

Time to crack on looking for the job!!

Thanks guys