PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let410 in S.America
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 22:28
TOFFAIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matteo!

Ok, I think I got your our point now, and think being in your position I would also be willing to relocate from RDC to South America.
But just as you might have taken already from other posts, unless a change in law (CBA) wil be effective soon (as companies are eager to), it will be quite a hassle (not impossible though). The other thing is, should this law change become effective you would still be required to speak the local language, this is already forseen by the local agency ANAC, as if you get a look on our licenses, there you ll find your grade for English profeciency as well as Portuguese proficiency. This means it is intended for foreigners who wants to fly here a similar test as for the EPT will be taken in Portuguese...
I believer sooner or later this will happen, but knowing my country I d expect rather later then sooner, because company bosses are pressing the agency for a change in this regulations, but they are unable to lobby together...
Anyway, I would encourage you to contact NHT for example, as they are a company with a very high safety standards and many experienced captains (retired RG), and a nice company environement, besides Porto Alegre is a nice place to live.
cheers